Thursday, November 15, 2012

One Vote for Hibernation


In case you didn't know, today is Thursday. I offer this reminder because...I forgot.

I like to think that I am not alone in my forgetfulness. Opera World has an odd schedule with sporadic free days and an ever fluctuating schedule, which can be both a blessing and a curse. In this case the latter, as knowing what day it is loses its significance. Monday isn't dreaded when it's your day off. Saturday isn't the weekend and Wednesday isn't a halfway marker. It might seem like a ridiculous justification, but it's one of mine.

And I need justification. In forgetting that it was Thursday, I stood up my Russian teacher for an 8:30 am Russian lesson. I was even awake and functional at the hour, despite a late night rehearsal yesterday evening. And when I say functional, I mean it in every sense except that of knowing what day of the week it is.

Not only does it get difficult to remember days of the week, but now time is also becoming an issue. In this case, I believe my excuse is legitimate.

Exhibit A:
Any time the sun rises after 9 am and sets just after 5, I'm convinced that having an accurate sense of what time it is becomes an impossibility. Beyond a sense of time, I also have a very limited desire to do anything productive. I really have only one thought on my mind: hibernation. Let's take a lesson from the Russian bears, which are unfortunately scarce in Moscow.

So, in the end, I blame my forgetfulness on humanity's refusal to hibernate. It's the only logical explanation! Back me up?


3 comments:

  1. I'll totally back you up. I think that all our schedules should change with the length of the days.

    And by that I mean there should be more hibernating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Если утро наступает в три -
    Через два часа уже зажгут фонари.
    Уже кончился день, а я только встал, А я только что встал и уже устал.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-SE9bqrmok

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shortened days could be disorienting. You're not alone, I'm always forgetful and we have longer sunny days all year round, but I'm up for hibernating anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...